Greater New York City is good for senior activities.
There are plenty of sources of entertainment and pastimes in New York and New Jersey for seniors that you can enjoy with your aging parents. Attractions, shows, museums, and exhibits are almost always designed to fit the needs of the elderly, sometimes offering free or discounted rates for seniors. The New York City metro area is also filled with parks, historical sites, and organized tours that can be enjoyed by senior parents or loved ones. Here are some links to helpful places with information about attractions well suited to seniors.
Some Great Activities for Seniors in NYC
At Alvita Care, We Provide Home Care When Needed
Our caregivers work throughout the metro area helping seniors and their families. We provide home health aides in New York City,m Long Island, Westchester County, and northern New Jersey. We’re ready to assist with health and housekeeping services as well as companionship and daily living tasks. Our goal is to help seniors remain safe and healthy with a more enjoyable quality of life.
- Preventing Falls in the Elderly Living in the NYC Metro Area - March 31, 2017
- Aging and Depression in the Elderly in NYC - March 30, 2017
- Aging in Place – Seniors Who Choose to Live at Home - March 29, 2017
- Mindfulness & Seniors Living in NYC - March 28, 2017
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention in NY/NJ Seniors - March 27, 2017
- Elder Bruising and Prevention - February 22, 2017
- Hiring a Home Care Agency in New York City - February 21, 2017
- Hip Fracture Prevention in the Elderly - February 20, 2017
- Muscular Dystrophy in Elderly Individuals Living in NYC - February 19, 2017
- Flu Prevention in the Elderly in NY & NJ - February 18, 2017