Sometimes it’s HARD to get out of bed OR out of the bathtub… NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE!!!
But, this fitness professional here says – it’s okay! Stay there a little longer!!! It may just do you some good!
#1) In bed either before you fall asleep or before you are ready to get out of bed to start your day, stay there a little longer and try to do some leg and abdominal exercises!
*Lie on your back, bring your knees to your chest, and bicycle. See how many you can do, and be sure to breathe in and out on each switch of your feet!!!
* Lie on your back and bring your knees to your chest and criss-cross one knee over the other knee. On each criss cross breathe in and out!!!
BREATHING is KEY!
*Bring your knees to your chest, extend your legs in the air best you can, and focus on pointing and flexing your toes. Try also, making big circles with your feet / ankles. Make sure you do both directions – right and left. Your ankles will thank you for ages!!!
#2) Take all of these to the bath. Make sure, of course, that your head is above water – unless you are a mermaid…
Cheers – and YES! I repeat! Go ahead and stay in bed or in the bath tub just a little bit longer!!! Your legs, abdominal, and ankles will thank you!!!
- Preventing Falls in the Elderly Living in the NYC Metro Area - March 31, 2017
- Aging and Depression in the Elderly in NYC - March 30, 2017
- Aging in Place – Seniors Who Choose to Live at Home - March 29, 2017
- Mindfulness & Seniors Living in NYC - March 28, 2017
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention in NY/NJ Seniors - March 27, 2017
- Elder Bruising and Prevention - February 22, 2017
- Hiring a Home Care Agency in New York City - February 21, 2017
- Hip Fracture Prevention in the Elderly - February 20, 2017
- Muscular Dystrophy in Elderly Individuals Living in NYC - February 19, 2017
- Flu Prevention in the Elderly in NY & NJ - February 18, 2017