Listed below are four dynamite products for seeing-impaired seniors.
In choosing which products to list, the question was “What would be most useful?” From the talking watch to the television magnifier, these products prove to be items that are useful and life-easing. They are all available from the MaxiAids website (http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodlist_pc.asp?pc=1&gs4=18&gsCategory=Atomic%20Watches).
These talking watches announce the time, day and date. They are most useful for those who can see on average, but not the fine print typically used with analog watches. It is radio controlled and will work within the contiguous United States.
Poet Compact 2 Reading Machine
This reading machine is easy to use. It has two buttons Scan/Read and Pause to simplify the directions, so both computer savvy and non-savvy seniors will be able to utilize it correctly. It has control knobs that adjust both volume and reading speed. In addition, because it used standard AC Power, no fuses will be blown.
TV Screen Enlarger for 20 to 26-Inch Flat Screens
This television magnifier is perfect for those who enjoy soap operas, comedy series and shows but have been unable to thoroughly enjoy them due to limited sight. During installation, the desired height can be chosen and set. It goes to up to 30″.
2-in-1 Magnifier Light for the Visually Impaired
This is by far my favorite of the four. Because it magnifies whatever is placed below it, it is perfect for the crafty senior. Not only is needle work possible, but knitting; drawing; reading and the numorous other crafts that require good sight and working hands.
- COVID-19 Safety Precautions – Safe at Home with Alvita Care - October 15, 2020
- Preventing Falls in the Elderly Living in the NYC Metro Area - March 31, 2017
- Aging and Depression in the Elderly in NYC - March 30, 2017
- Aging in Place – Seniors Who Choose to Live at Home - March 29, 2017
- Mindfulness & Seniors Living in NYC - March 28, 2017
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention in NY/NJ Seniors - March 27, 2017
- Elder Bruising and Prevention - February 22, 2017
- Hiring a Home Care Agency in New York City - February 21, 2017
- Hip Fracture Prevention in the Elderly - February 20, 2017
- Muscular Dystrophy in Elderly Individuals Living in NYC - February 19, 2017